Here you can access the Resolutions Guidelines for 2020.
Ici vous pouvez accéder à l’information et lignes directrices concernant les résolutions de la FCFDU 2020 (version française).
- Deadline for Intents to Submit a Resolution for the upcoming AGM. Use Form 1 in this document or online. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org. New Resolution cycle begins.
- National Office will publish Intents by November 30 after a review by the Resolutions Committee.
January 15, 9:00 am EST
- Deadline to submit the completed proposed Draft Resolution to email@example.com
- Resolutions Committee works with proposers from January 15 – February 7
- Clubs across Canada will be advised of potential resolutions after January 15
- Clubs will receive proposed draft resolutions package February 15.
- Proposers will be assigned a specific email address for their resolution, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org where they will receive advice of amendments. As soon as possible after April 15 send final amended resolutions to email@example.com
February 15 to April 15:
- All Clubs study the proposed resolutions
- Any Club may submit amendment (s) to the RESOLVED clause(s) and corrections to the Background by April 15.
- After April 15, no new amendments will be considered
- Deadline for Emergency Resolutions.
- Shortly after this date, the Amended Draft Resolutions, together with any Emergency Resolutions, will be sent to the Clubs
At the AGM
- A representative from the Proposing Club makes a two-minute statement to the Voting Body:
- Prior to discussion of the Resolution; and
- Prior to the Vote: closing statement
- If adopted the Resolution becomes CFUW Policy.
After the AGM
- After a resolution is adopted at the AGM, it becomes CFUW Policy and is recorded in the Policy Book Online.
- The National and International Advocacy Committees will work with National Office and work with the Proposer on next steps for action.