The 2015 proposed resolutions were circulated to Clubs by email on November 20, 2014. Clubs were invited to study and submit amendments by March 31, 2015. Proposers have reviewed feedback from the Clubs and made amendments; you can review the amended resolutions here.
Clubs are invited to attend the Resolutions Workshop at the Annual General Meeting (June 19, 2015) if you wish to suggest further changes based on the amendments your Club already submitted. Only amendments received by the March 31st deadline will be admissible at the AGM.
Two Emergency Resolutions were received by May 2015 deadline, and will be voted on at the AGM for qualification as resolutions to be considered. You can review the Emergency Resolutions and corresponding background materials here.
The proposed general rules of the 2015 Annual General Meeting outline how the emergency resolutions will be dealt with:
Rule 11: CFUW Emergency Resolutions
1. Deal with issues which have arisen after the deadline for submission of Resolutions and/or one which the Proposer thinks may require action prior to the next Annual General Meeting.
2. Must be received by the Chair by May 15, 2015.
3. May only be called up for consideration and debate by a four-fifths (4/5) affirmative vote of the votes cast at the AGM. Abstentions will not be counted
4. A two-thirds (2/3) affirmative vote of the votes cast shall be required for adoption. Abstentions will not be counted
5. If time does not permit discussion and vote of such resolutions, a majority affirmative vote of the CFUW Voting Body may order them acted upon by a mail vote following the procedures laid down in the Constitution and Bylaws and administrative policy.
If you have questions, please contact the Chair of the Resolutions Committee, Eleanor Scarth. firstname.lastname@example.org
Resolution Preparation and Submission
The deadline to submit letters of intent for AGM 2015 was April 1, 2014. The next opportunity to submit intents for AGM 2016 will be June 30, 2015. The form can be downloaded here and must be sent to email@example.com by the deadline.
Prior to the preparation of a resolution please consult the 2014-2015 Resolutions Guidelines and the CFUW Policy Book Online to ensure that there is no relevant existing policy. If you have questions, please contact the National Office or the Resolutions Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org).