International Women's Day Award
CFUW/FCFDU International Women’s Day Award Criteria
This award is given to a CFUW/FCFDU individual member(s), group, or club in good standing, in recognition of efforts in advocating for the rights and advancement of women and/or girls on International Women’s Day on March 8th. Initiatives (advocacy efforts, events and projects) are eligible for consideration.
Any International Women’s Day project or event submitted for consideration must adhere to the following criteria:
- The project or event must be initiated, organized, and carried out by a CFUW club.
- Making a significant contribution to another organization’s project as an equal partner is eligible for nomination.
- The project or event must advocate for the advancement and rights of women and girls in the community, Canada or the globe.
- The project or event must raise awareness in the local community of international advocacy issues for the rights of women and girls
- The project or event must raise the profile of the CFUW club in the local community
- Clubs/Individuals may partner with an international agency or NGO but CFUWa/FCFDU club must take the lead in organizing, conducting it and carrying out the project or event
The next application deadline is April 30 2020.
Click here to download the IWD Award Nomination form (.docx)
CFUW Award 2019 Winners
- Secondary School and Community Group Involvement Initiative
- GO Station Commuter Outreach Project
CFUW West Vancouver
- Women and Peacekeeping
- IWD: A Focus on Family Homelessness
- Know our History: Lunch-Conference on History of Women Suffrage in Quebec
- Rehabilitate Women’s Place in History: UWCM Co-founder Designated Historic Personage